Friday, October 26, 2012

Touched by Angels ~ our life has lead us down a path that we have been blessed to know so many young fighters that have truly touched our hearts as we have watched them fight for the basics in life... prior to my son's diagnosis I must confess I had little understanding of the many warriors among us... Since my son's  diagnosis with CF we have been exposed to a completely different world... We have met so many young fighters not only fighting CF but Cancer as well as other life-threatening illnesses. With all of our support groups we have joined, blogging friends,  fellow CF families, we have been blessed to met hundreds and hundreds of families that carry these battles everyday... They have always been there, their battles have been ongoing all these years, I was just oblivious to it..

Obvious to a world full of  fight, courage, strength, hope, tears, inspiration, triumphs, MIRACLES and sadly LOSS...  My soul has been touched by so many amazing warriors, and at times I have had to remove my self from some of it, because the loss has been so great that my heart just couldn't handle it another day, another sweet angel losing their courageous battle, another family grieving the loss of their child... But God guides me back to my boots and I put them back on and go on to fight another day... Because it is in the trenches that God has blessed me the most, it is in the trenches that God has opened my heart, given me hope and blessed me with MIRACLES...   When I chose not to be obvious anymore it changed ME... I know have no doubt this is the path that God has put us on, whatever or where ever this path leads nobody knows, BUT this is exactly where he has chosen us to be.. To be entrenched with these families, to be touched by their lives and to continue to fight in the trenches allowing God to be our  guide...  

God has placed every single person in my life for a reason, some are to teach me, stregthen me, instill hope in me, inspire me, cry with me as well as laugh with me... I am so more appreciative of that now... It is so easy to crawl back into your home, into your immediate family and carry all our burdens alone, but that is not how God intended it, he has placed everyone in our lives with great purpose... and he placed GREAT PURPOSE in each of us as well, we may not know what that purpose is, but living with my eyes wide open and my heart listening I know I am that much closer to fulfilling it....

Each one of us has been given a purpose as well as passion, combine the two and what ever God has laid on your heart dont be obvious to it, follow it, chase it down, dont turn your back on it, whether God has laid it on your heart to help the homeless, support your military vets, mentor teens, what ever it may be God has put it in your life and laid on your heart, he has put it there on PURPOSE, not to break you, or harm you but to allow you to get in the trenches with him and receive all the blessings he wants to give you....      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin