Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Breath Easy our "Surfer Girl" May you Rest In Peace...

I am crushed to receive the news that our "Surfer Girl" aka Nicole lost her battle with CF.... I met Nicole shortly after Lane was diagnosed and she did wonders for my spirit.... I am pretty upset right now and cannot begin to form the words that would best describe Nicole except that she was ONE OF A KIND.... An amazing young women, who taught me so much about life in the short time we were blessed to be apart of her life.....



This is just one of the amazing e-mails Nicole sent me, and one that truly touched me and made me cry each and every time I read it.... I am Heart Broken.....






"Please know you have touched my life just as much as I've touched yours! You are now family! And I know your son will grow up to be an AMAZING man! My mom is my hero and I credit my strength and courage to her. I can already tell in just the few words I've had with you, you will raise an amazing son. There will be VERY hard times ahead, that's no secret. Some of the things I try to remember, is that a lot of bad things happen, but the only thing that really matters is how we conduct ourselves during those times. Attitude will get you through many things or dismantle you completely. Tears do not mean weakness. Smiles do not mean strength. Be as open and honest as you can with your son about things so he can understand them. We really are old for our age. As we grow, we come to understand that this is just the way things are. No guilt is necessary- we really don't know any other life so we have no pity for ourselves. Again, this is taught to us by our parents. You are a specifically chosen angel to help another little angel through his path in life! Love every moment- the good and the bad- amazingly enough, some of the bad moments turn into good memories later in life. I can remember horrible times for me, but what I remember most is the love of my mother during those times and that makes me smile and brings me comfort. God doesn't give us more than we can handle =) Love Ya! *Hugs*Nicole"


"awww! lane is awesome and someday we'll walk together in one of the great strides walks! i'll try to find more stickers to send him!" *Hugs*Nicole







Oh my Surfer Girl, I wasn't ready to do this alone.... and Lane and I both are not ready to say goodbye.....

2 comments:

  1. So many have said she was amazing and an inspiration! I know of her through a Myspace support group and she will be greatly missed! That email made me SOB as I do agree with it! All we can do is make the best of our and our children's situations. I know that raising a happy, self-confident child that does not pity herself is my goal! We shall not let CF get the best of us!

    She will be missed. Breathe easy Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin