Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pro B Ranch Fishing Tournament.

A little piece of Heaven is not what I thought I would find when we chose to attend the 2nd Annual Pro B Ranch Fishing Tournament Saturday. The James Boone family along with their Pro Baseball friends hosted a fishing tournament to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation on behalf of a young boy from Clinton who is battling cancer. I was real unsure about the days activities but figured it would be a fun day no matter what....

Had I taken it for granted in my past, the quiet of fishing, the beauty of the country. I don't remember my mind taking such interest in the details before, the smell of fresh air, the sun beating down on my face, the quiet, no TV, no computers, no phone, no noise except for the excitement of children waiting to hook the big one...

Is it my new perspective on life, or that we are fishing with professional baseball players, or maybe both, because time seems to be standing still on these banks... I could have stayed there forever, frozen in time, just watching my kids dream...

As I stood on these banks I knew I wasn't the same person I once was... The simple is what I now seek.... A smile.. a laugh... Looking at my two boys as they hope and pray for that big one to land on their line, just this one time... Even I was excited with the possibility of a great catch.Each child was paired up with a fishing partner for the event and we received Miguel, the best fisherman ever, and what an incredible young man he is. He kept our hopes alive all day, as he caught fish after fish allowing Lane to reel each one of them in, taking no credit himself for any catch... He quickly handed that rod to Lane and guided him in bringing the big catch to the shore... Lane's mother on the other hand was not so generous, over taken by excitement, Lane's mom reeled her own fish in and proudly announced it taking ALL the credit.. Selfish I know, I was completely embarrassed for her....lol We really lucked out getting Miguel as our partner(he truly won it for us catching 5 of our seven fish), but Lane was still dreaming of catching the big one on his little spiderman pole, and 6 catches later(yes I actually caught my first fish in over 20 years, bragging just a little more) Lane says he has something... My response "oh its just moss"... (I didn't mean to be so unsupportive, but we really did catch moss all day) Cain on the other hand had faith in his little brother and went over and started helping Lane, Cain had to give spiderman a little assistance and pull the line in by hand for his little brother's Big Catch... Lane got his big one, and thank goodness his brother had some faith in him and helped his get it to shore... The Entire Boone family was so nice, extending great hospitality to all of us. They opened up there lives and their beautiful land to us for a day, and truly gave us a day to remember. Lane received several signed baseballs and thanks to Miguel Lane Won First Place!
Lane with James Boone of the Pittsburgh Pirates, holding his winning basket of fish and trophy... Lane with Chad James, who just signed on with the Florida Marlins as their starting pitcher. His brother Justin James who has played for the Toronto Blue Jays and currently with the Cincinnati Reds, was also present and was kind enough to sign a ball for Lane as well.


What an exciting weekend for us, I say weekend since we are all still excited about the wonderful day we had. Never did I ever think I could have so much fun fishing.....

Sometimes things just really hit you , and this day was one of those, which I will blog more about in the next few days....

P.S. Lane was so excited about this event, we caught him several times talking to himself about it, as he was toting his trophy around...

Thanks to the entire Boone Family, Miguel the best fisherman ever, Chad James, Justin James and all your kind friends.... We had a fantastic time.... God Bless....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin